Summer Camp 2019
Mill Art Center & Gallery provides an environment in which the community can express and develop their artistic abilities through instruction, observation and interaction with professional artists. Our unique blend of classroom studios and professional gallery exhibition space encourages students to immerse themselves in art, with inspiration from instructors and the art that surrounds them.
Children and teen classes follow the public school calendar. Arrangements may be made with specific instructors for make-up classes. Gift certificates for art classes and art purchases available.
the newly inspired "Mac" summer dAY cAMP program.... an educational camp centered on the arts, Discovery, and enrichment--- iNDOORS AND oUT.
We are located in the village of Honeoye Falls, where country life slices right through town.
CREATING “FUN ” JUST FOR YOU....
• Drawing/Painting … along with many activities planned for the classroom, artists will hike to picturesque sites to draw and picnic by the falls or Honeoye Creek and finish the details back at the Mill
• Fun with Food…Farm to Table … create your own snacks. We will have an artful time creating yummy snacks!
• Summer Treasure Boxes... create special boxes as a keepsake for treasures with paint, photographs, shells and other special finds.
• Mobiles… use your imaginations to create unique moving art for the air! Work from a personal theme with created and found shapes. These are wonderful hanging from the ceilings of your room. Visual and actual balance will be addressed.
• Creative workshop …Guest artists will work with our campers in a mixed media workshop every Wednesday morning. A nominal studio and supply fee may apply.
• Wading in the shallows of Honeoye Creek … a favorite end-of-the day chance to wind down, weather permitting. Cool off and explore nature's wonders in and along the water and rocks, a place where children of the Seneca played and fished.
• Exercise and Meditation Time - Everyone needs a chance to stretch and then to relax, even have a chance to catch your breath.
• Odonata Sanctuary Nature Preserve ... a wonderful "escape" for the day to visit with farm animals, learn about organic farming, hike trails and become one with nature. Drawing and photography will be explored throughout the day!
JULY 15 - 19, 2019 several spaces remain / August 19 - 23, 2019 - 2 spaces available
Mon. - Fri. 9:00 - 4:00
Half days are available
Partial days, $12/hour
No registration fee
(returning Campers receive $15 discount)
Extended hours available upon request at $12/hour
Ages 6-10 years old
Camper needs to be 6 years old by June 30, 2019.
WHAT TO BRING?
Your sketchbook, lunch, sunscreen, and water shoes to wade in the shallows of Honeoye Creek. We will provide all art supplies: pencils, charcoal, pastels and paints etc.
Class minimum is 5 although classes fill up quickly, so apply soon! www.millartcenter.com/summer/